Friday, February 18, 2011

A Piece of the Puzzle

This week I officially reached 8 months of waiting for a referral! I am getting closer and feel very hopeful that something will happen soon. Many people ask me if I am bothered or frustrated by the wait. My first reaction is to say yes....I am ready to be a mom and ready to get this show on the road. However, I find myself answering in truth that there is plenty to do as I wait patiently for a referral.

Over the Christmas break, I spent some time finally clearing out the room for BB. It took a few days and actually looked like an episode from Hoarders at one point. I pushed through and now actually have a room that is almost ready. I am not decorating a room yet since I don't know the age or gender of BB. That fun will come after referral....

In the meantime, another thing that I need to face during my wait is fundraising. I basically need to gather a large chunk of money to submit when I get my referral. That does not include the money that I will need to travel twice to Ethiopia. Rest assured that I am doing all that I can to save for this adoption but I need help.....

I have a plan......(okay, I borrowed someone else's plan and ask permission to copy it.) I am asking people to be a part of my adoption journey by sponsoring pieces of my puzzle (see below). This is a 1,000 piece puzzle. It is aptly titled, "Waiting for the Bus" by Julia Cairns.

As a donation of $10.00 is given for each piece, I will write the sponsor's name on the back of the puzzle piece. When the puzzle is complete, I will mount the puzzle between two panes of glass and hang it in my home. My child and I will be able to admire the art and it will serve as a reminder of all who blessed us along our journey.

If you are interested in donating, please click on the donate button. One puzzle piece is $10.00.
Each week, I will give a progress update and picture of the puzzle. Thank you in advance for considering helping out with this endeavor. I thank God for you!!
















If you would like to donate in another way, please email me at katybo@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment