Sunday, January 9, 2011

How long?

Everyday someone comes up to me and asks me about my adoption. I appreciate that so much. I know that God uses people to give me encouragement and it seems that someone asks at just the right time. I wanted to let everyone know about a small change that I have made to my adoption plans....

A month or so ago I made the decision to change my request. In the beginning of my journey, I asked for a baby under 12 months. That was what I was preparing for. In November, I asked to change my request to a child 24-36 mos. I feel very much at peace about this decision. Adopting and "older child" has its own challenges and I feel that my adoption agency has prepared me for this new path.

I spoke with my adoption agency this week, and it looks like the current wait time for a referral in this age range is 9-15 months. I have already been waiting almost 7 months. So, that means that I may hear about a referral in March or thereafter. EXCITEMENT! I may truly be a mommy this year!

Please know that I am at peace about God's timing and if I've learned anything it's that time lines can change and often do. In the mean time I have plenty to do to prepare for this new little one.

Please join me in praying:

*for my future child that I call BB (Baby Bohannon). I pray each day for BB's safety and health. I pray that he/she is able to experience love and hope wherever he/she may be at this moment.

*for financial provision for this adoption. May God continue to help me find ways to financially cover the costs of adoption. (HE has already helped in many ways)

*that I may continue to trust and grow through this process. That I make the days count and not just count the days.

*that other hearts are broken for the cause of the orphan



Thanks so much for stopping in and I appreciate your prayers!
Many Blessings to you!
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment